Enter your email address to
become part of our camping community
and begin receiving exclusive offers!
14 Savvy Ways to Spend Your Leftover RV Budget
by Jillian Warnecke
If you’re currently in the market for a new RV or thinking about making the upgrade to your first home on the road, you might be wondering what kinds of items will compliment your new purchase or be useful while you’re enjoying the outdoors. There are tons of great ways to spend some of your leftover budget from fun to practical. See my suggestions below for utilizing those extra dollars and help you get the most out of the RV lifestyle! Already have a few of these items? Save the extra cash instead for any last minute necessities, repairs, or even put it towards a future camping adventure!
2. An awning (if your RV doesn’t already have one) to keep you and your company shaded on warm sunny days! Plus, Camping World’s experienced service technicians can install it for you!
3. A firepit – this one folds up, so it's perfect for easy storage!
4. A grill to feed your hungry crew
6. A satellite for those who like to watch TV on the road
7. Consider purchasing solar panels or a solar charger if you want to make green updates to your RV
8. GPS system
9. Depending on what your RV comes with, consider upgrading to a memory foam mattress! There are lots of options available here
10. Stock up on items such as a toolkit of cordless drill to help you with any unexpected small repairs
11. Based on what your RV came stocked with, consider investing in a higher quality, longer hose for emptying your waste tank
12. Stock up on storage containers for closets and kitchens to help optimize your space
13. Walkie Talkies – these could especially come in handy for heavy hikers
14. Outdoor “toys” such as a 4-wheeler or bicycle – especially if you have a toy hauler to easily store them in the rear of your RV while on the go!
What products have you found to be most helpful while you were out on the road? What items do you recommend new RVers make sure to pick up when they purchase their first RV? Let us know in the comments below!