Banks SpeedBrake™ is a patented, all-electronic braking system that regulates your Chevy 6.6L turbo diesel's downhill speed, using adjustable setpoint speeds of 25 to 75 mph that you select.
SpeedBrake uses the PowerPDA® to interact with the truck's ECU, controlling the variable geometry turbo vanes, torque converter clutch application and gear selection to optimize braking control. SpeedBrake has numerous operating modes and settings to optimize braking function for individual preferences and conditions.
- Brakes more effectively than a simple valve assembly
- Cuts downhill speed up to 78% without using foot brake
- Keeps wheel brakes cool and ready for emergencies
- Saves brake wear and maintenance/replacement costs
- Maximum braking with High, Medium and Low settings
- Speed control maintains pre-selected target speed
- Easy touch-screen control (PDA sold separately)
- Displays vehicle speed, current braking effort, transmission and engine coolant temperatures and more
- OBDII scan tool reads, interprets and clears codes
- System status indicator with on-screen alerts
- Installs easily with only a few under-hood connections; no exhaust system modifications needed
PDA is not included.
This item qualifies for Product Protection Plan coverage.
Protect Your Purchase!
Product Protection Plan eliminates out-of-pocket expenses and protects against costly product repairs or replacement.
We'll cover 100% parts and labor for up to two years following the expiration of
your manufacturer's warranty. Warranty service is available at any Camping World location or at one of 52,000 service centers across the U.S.
Gale Banks Engineering
Mfg Part #:
Ask your question today to get answers from other owners of this product and Camping World staff members. If you have a question for customer service such as pricing, shipping or order information please do not submit your question through this form.