Even Brake by Roadmaster is the only portable, proportional towed car braking system that constantly monitors itself, giving you continuous information about system status and function for maximum towing and braking safety. It's a step ahead of all other portable, supplemental towed car braking systems on the market today!
EXCLUSIVE Even Brake Features:
- Full-time proportional braking - Even Brake applies the same braking pressure to your towed car as you apply to your motorhome brakes for consistent braking throughout the stop, with no "drop out" after a few seconds of continuous braking.
- Constant braking information and system status keeps you in touch with towed car braking capability at all times for maximum towing safety.
- Continuous self-diagnostic testing – Even Brake is the only supplemental braking system that checks itself, so you don’t have to – a glance at the monitor assures you that Even Brake is fully operational.
- Terrain-sensing logic – Even Brake adjusts to uphill or downhill grades, and to rough terrain, by automatically leveling itself. Because it’s always level, Even Brake always brakes with maximum efficiency.
- Three-tier monitor offers red-green-yellow LED display, LCD text message and audio alert to eliminate any guesswork about system status.
- Automatic low battery protection – if the battery voltage drops too low, Even Brake goes into sleep mode, while retaining emergency braking power.
ADDITIONAL Even Brake Features:
- Automatic brake protection – the monitor alerts you after an extended period of continuous braking, then Even Brake releases braking pressure, avoiding excessive wear on the towed vehicle’s brakes.
- Touch pad control panel makes programming fast and easy.
- Adjusts to your braking preferences on braking force and sensitivity; on-board memory remembers settings after you disconnect it.
- Automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in an emergency or a break away situation – Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
- 20% smaller than other systems, to fit more vehicles-including Jeep Liberty
- Transmitter is incorporated inside the unit
- Only 2 connections in the towed car: power cord and diagnostics feed
When you apply your motorhome's brakes, Even Brake's microprocessor signals a magnetic valve to release a proportionate amount of air pressure against the towed car's brake pedal, slowing the towed car at the same rate as the coach.
Advantages of Even Brake's Proportional Braking:
- Full emergency braking when you need it, no excessive brake wear during normal braking (unlike basic "on or off" systems)
- Stop completely in less time and shorter distance
- Reduced chance of critical brake failure, such as when descending steep mountain grades
Why Use a Supplementary Towed Car Braking System?
- It’s required in most U.S. states and Canadian provinces (Even Brake meets all current U.S. and Canadian requirements)
- Prevents voiding motorhome chassis warranty by towing more than specified limits without supplementary brakes(Workhorse: 1000 lbs. Ford: 1500 lbs.)
- Reduce wear on motorhome brakes, extending their life
- Reduce stress on tow bar, mounting brackets and towed car frame
Even Brake comes complete with an emergency break away system that brings your towed car to a controlled stop if it accidentally separates from the motorhome; an easy-to-read, wireless dashtop monitor with red/yellow/green LED braking condition indicator, LCD text message status explanation and audio emergency alert tone, and the compact, lightweight braking unit that fits easily into virtually any vehicle, including compact SUVs. Requires one-time installation and set-up, available at our SuperCenters nationwide.
This item qualifies for Product Protection Plan coverage.
Protect Your Purchase!
Product Protection Plan eliminates out-of-pocket expenses and protects against costly product repairs or replacement.
We'll cover 100% parts and labor for up to two years following the expiration of
your manufacturer's warranty. Warranty service is available at any Camping World location or at one of 52,000 service centers across the U.S.