Filled with practical tips and detailed information, Guide to the Alaska Highway is the must-have comprehensive guide for traveling this beautiful wilderness highway.
Whether a first-time visitor or repeater, this book will help travelers have the adventure of a lifetime. Traveling across the great northern expanses from Dawson Creek, British Columbia, to Delta Junction, Alaska, the 1,500-mile Alaska Highway remains one of the greatest driving adventures of all time. Inside you will find details on gas prices, where to camp, how to prepare your vehicle for the journey, and insightful driving tips. Tips scattered through the guide tell you where to spot wildlife, let you in on a few favorite fishing holes, and highlight important destinations.
- The only comprehensive guide to the Alaska Highway
- Full-color photography throughout
- The most stunning, the most complete, and most thoroughly researched book on the market today
- Previously published in 1991 and 1992 as The Alaska Highway: An Insider’s Guide
- First edition was published in 2008; Updated for Spring 2011.
- Author has made 34 trips down this road in the last 35 years
- Information in the book helps assure readers of a relatively trouble-free trip
Less than 1 lb.
Pgw/publishers Group West Inc
Mfg Part #:
Life-long Alaskan Ron Dalby has driven the Alaska Highway 34 times since 1972.
He and his wife Jennifer currently live full time in their motorhome and drive the road once in each direction every year as they return north for the summer and head south in the fall.
A long-time writer, editor, and photographer, Ron is a regular contributor to various RV publications such as MotorHome, Highways, and Coast to Coast.
Ask your question today to get answers from other owners of this product and Camping World staff members. If you have a question for customer service such as pricing, shipping or order information please do not submit your question through this form.