BrakeMaster is Roadmaster's 'direct' proportional braking system. It connects directly to the motorhome’s air or hydraulic brake system for rock-solid, reliable braking — brake line pressure in the motorhome controls the brakes in the towed vehicle. Because it connects directly to what powers your motorhome’s brakes, BrakeMaster is a truly proportional, truly synchronized braking system — however you brake the motorhome, BrakeMaster automatically applies the same pressure. Every time.
- Connects and disconnects from the towed vehicle in under a minute, without any tools, adjustments or settings — attach the brake pedal clamp, secure to the floor or the seat adaptor, quick-connect the air hose and you’re ready to tow.
- Weighs just 3.75 pounds and measures 17 inches in length — stores almost anywhere.
- Works in virtually any motorhome.
- Works in virtually any towed vehicle with power brakes.
- Easily disconnects from the brake pedal — from towed car to road car in seconds!
- Includes a break away emergency braking system.
- Meets U.S. and Canadian braking requirements .
Shorten your stopping distance.
BrakeMaster applies proportional braking pressure on all four wheels of your towed vehicle. Reduces stopping distance and wear on motorhome brakes. Increase control and safety. Helps prevent overheating on steep downgrades. Air cylinder attaches to towed vehicle's brake pedal. Works with ABS. Includes break away kit.
Will your motorhome and towed vehicle stop safely in an emergency?
The ability to stop quickly is essential for the safe operation of your motorhome and tow vehicle. Workhorse will void your chassis warranty if you tow more than 1,000 pounds without supplemental brakes; Ford stipulates 1,500 pounds. Check with your motor home manufacturer for their towing recommendations.
Are supplemental brakes required in your state or province?
According to the American Automobile Association, most states, plus many Canadian provinces, now require supplemental brakes if the towed weight exceeds 3,000 pounds. If you have questions regarding state, province or local laws, please consult with the appropriate government agency.
What makes the BrakeMaster system better...
- Unlike most other systems, the BrakeMaster is a truly proportional braking system. As you brake harder, the towed car brakes respond in direct proportion.
- The BrakeMaster brakes all four wheels of the towed car.
- Works on vehicles with or without ABS brakes.
- Easy hook-up in seconds.
- Meets braking requirements for U.S. and Canada.
- Monitoring system indicates proper performance and braking.
- Works in virtually any motor home and towed vehicle (towed vehicle must have power brakes).
- Backed by Roadmaster - the leading manufacturer of tow bars and towing systems.
This item qualifies for Product Protection Plan coverage.