8in Drop Hitch, 2.5" Shank
FREE Standard Shipping over $99.
Good Sam Members: FREE Shipping over $69
This item is excluded from all discounts and promotions.
- This item is currently not available
Injuries, fatalities, and loss of property are all preventable by ensuring proper tongue weight. Pressure on the stainless steel tow ball sends a reading to the built-in scale that measures tongue weight (lbs.) GMC guidelines for proper towing states tongue weight should be no less than 10% of gross trailer weight (GTW) and no more than 15%. For example, tongue weight for a 10,000 pound full-loaded trailer should be no less than 1,000 lbs. and no more than 1,500 lbs.
Note: Weigh Safe max tongue weight is 1,500 lbs. (2” shank) and 2,200 lbs.(2.5” & 3” shank). Do not tow if your reading is in the red zone.
Features: Weigh Safe comes in four different drop sizes – 4", 6”, 8", and 10" – that adjust in one-inch increments to fit your need. Weigh Safe can also be used in the rise position. Weigh Safe comes standard with a slider lock and dust lock cover.
- Once your trailer coupler is attached, the stainless steel tow ball will press down on a piston which will pressurize the hydraulic bed of oil which sends a reading to the scale accurately indicating your tongue weight.
- For safe towing, tongue weight should be between 10-15% of the gross trailer weight.
- Since 1975, trailer-related fatalities have climbed to 19,582. Since 1988, reported injuries have surpassed 800,000 and over 2 million vehicles, boats, trailers, and other property have been damaged or totaled.
- Weigh Safe won the 2014 SEMA award for Best New Tools and Equipment
- Weigh Safe comes in a 2" (10,000 max GTW), 2.5" (14,500 max GTW), or new 3” (21,000 max GTW) shank to accommodate both older and newer truck models.