Boss MR1950 5-Channel 1950-Watt Amplifier
FREE Standard Shipping over $99.
Good Sam Members: FREE Shipping over $69
This item is excluded from all discounts and promotions.
- This item is currently not available
2 Ohm Stable
The lowest impedance accepted by this amplifier is 2 ohms. Amplifiers that are 2 ohms stable produce more power resulting in more volume. This amp can comfortably power speakers or subwoofers with all channels being used at a load of 2 ohms.
Bridging an amplifier means to combine channels of a multi-channel amplifier to get more power or flexibility out of it. For instance, on a 4-channel amp, channels 1 and 2 could be used normally for your speakers, and channels 3 and 4 can be bridged for more power to a single subwoofer. A 2-channel amp can also be bridged to power a single subwoofer.
Class A/B amplifiers have long been known for their ability to produce great quality sound while performing more efficiently than pure Class A amplifiers. Specific linear circuitry further reduces distortion while increasing both sound quality and power output.
Fixed High Pass Filter
This gives you the ability to filter the frequencies that pass through to the full range speakers from a fixed frequency point.
Utilizes integrated high-tech, state-of-the-art waterproofing materials plus special UV coatings for plastic surfaces, coated circuit boards, and connections to protect against harsh outdoor elements and resist corrosion.
MOSFET stands for Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor. MOSFETs are used either as a switch or to amplify a signal. MOSFETs are superior to other FETs, because they require less current to operate, which makes them better suited for 12V audio systems.
If the amplifier gets too hot, the thermal protection circuit turns the amp off and allows the amp to cool down before turning it back on. If a speaker fails causing an electrical short, the protection circuit will automatically cut the output and remain in that state until the short is resolved. These safety features give you peace of mind knowing the amplifier is constantly monitoring conditions to protect itself.
Subwoofer Level Control
The ability to boost or attenuate the sub level when an amp and subwoofer are connected to the subwoofer pre-amp output.
Switchable Input Sensitivity
This gives you the freedom to connect the amp to any standard source unit. You'll have peace of mind knowing it will be within range to properly match the output of the source unit, allowing you to use the volume controls on your source unit the way it was designed.
Variable Bass Boost
Variable Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it.
Variable Gain Control
Variable Gain Control lets you balance the amps output with the speakers or subs the amp is driving. Too much gain will lead to distortion and too little will lead to clipping.
Variable Low Pass Filter
Variable low-pass filter gives you control over the frequencies that pass through to the subwoofer.
• Amp Topology: Full Range, Class A/B
• MOSFET Power Supply
• Channel Configuration: 5/4/3/2 Channel
• Total Power Output: 1950 Watts
• Peak Power @ 2 Ohm: 300 Watts x 4
• Peak Power @ 4 Ohm: 150 Watts x 4
• Bridged Power @ 4 Ohm: 600 Watts x 2
• RMS Power @ 2 Ohm: 225 Watts x 4
• Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohm: 450 Watts x 2
• RMS Power @ 4 Ohm: 113 Watts x 4
• 5th Channel Peak Power @ 2 Ohm: 750 Watts x 1
• 5th Channel Peak Power @ 4 Ohm: 375 Watts x 1
• Speaker Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm
• Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
• Channel Separation: ≥ 90 dB
• Signal/Noise Ratio (A Weighted): 103 dB
• Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 46 Hz ± 1 dB
• RCA Inputs: 6
• Low Pass Filter: 40 Hz to 150 Hz
• High Pass Filter: Fixed 80 Hz
• Bass Boost: Variable 0 to 18 dB
• 18.9"L x 7.32"W x 2.09"H
- Full range, class A/B, Mosfet amp
- Fixed high pass crossover
- Variable low pass crossover
- Variable bass boost
- Includes remote subwoofer control