Mildew is a problem in any wet or damp environment. Removing moisture from the air can help protect important equipment and supplies in small spaces. The Davis Instruments Air-Dryr 500, unlike a typical small dehumidifier, works by preventing moisture condensation, mold, and mildew through a simpler operation of heating the air above the dew point. Its compact size makes it perfect for small spaces.
Unlike other compact dehumidifiers, it does not require a drip pan and the need to drain it. It works by drawing moist air in, heating it, and then expelling dry air out the top. It's made to work efficiently in an enclosed space of about 500 cu. ft. It's designed to be used on a hard, flat surface, as airflow could be restricted when it is placed on a high-pile carpet. The unit is also energy efficient with a 70-watt heating element that only uses 0.6 amps of electricity.
• Slim and stable design handles up to 500 cu.ft. of living space
• Ideal for boat, RV, home, office, factory, and any area with moisture build-up
• Silent operation with no switch, fan, or thermostat
• Uses natural convection to circulate the air
• Designed for 24-hour operation
• Safe to the touch
• Safe for marine use
• Polycarbonate housing for strength and durability
- Remove moisture from the air to help protect important equipment and supplies
- Prevents moisture condensation, mold, and mildew
- Slim, stable design handles up to 500 cu.ft. of living space
- Silent operation with no switch, fan, or thermostat
- Energy efficient with a 70-watt heating element that uses 0.6 amps of electricity